- 1 How to boost your metabolism?
- 2 Well what’s the recommended way to increases the metabolism rate?
- 3 Hit the gym
How to boost your metabolism?
What is metabolism?
Basic metabolism, is the amount of energy (Calories) required for the body at rest, for the purpose of maintaining the body (blood flow, brain activity, kidney function, heart pump and the rest of the system works in the body). Every person has the basic metabolism of its own, influenced from gender – male or female, his age of and of course, genetics. A man with a faster metabolism, manages to lose weight more quickly and easily manages to balance his weight and keep it as he wants. In addition to the basic metabolism, we burn calories in physical activity of any kind – from sports activity directed to any possible movement, like walking around, going up and down stairs, doing housework, etc.
How to lose weight faster by tricking your body into burning more calories with less effort?
Burning calories is also carried out during the eating process itself. The conclusion is that as our metabolism will be faster, it will be easier for us to lose weight and maintain it balanced.
What effects our metabolism rate?
- Genetics – The metabolism rate is Inherited. that doesn’t mean that we can’t change it, only that we would have to work harder for it, read more about “Genetics VS intensive training“.
- Body mass – The more lean the body mass is (muscle), the metabolism is higher. As the percentage of body fat is higher, the metabolic rate is lower.
- Hormones – Abnormal activity of insulin, sex hormones and thyroid hormones causes a reduction in metabolic rate.
- Smoking – Smoking will raise your metabolism rate. (Although it is highly not recommended)
- Drugs – some drugs increases the metabolism rate, while others reduce it. (some has no effect).
- Stress – Studies has shown that body moods as stress had influence the metabolism rate.
- Age – around the age of 30, the metabolism rate in women starts to decline by about 5% every 5-10 years. Among men this process starts around the age of 45-50, and in a much slower pace.
- Multiple diets – Multiple diets also slow down the metabolism rate, especially extreme and low in calories diets.
- Exercise – Exercising had shown to be an effective way to increase the body metabolism especially when the “Afterburn effect” takes place. etc.
Well what’s the recommended way to increases the metabolism rate?
Consuming of some foods had shown effective in boosting metabolism rate, such as:
- Egg whites – Egg whites are rich in branched-chain amino acids, which keep your metabolism high. they are also loaded with protein and vitamin D.
- Lean meat- Lean meat is full of iron; deficiencies in the mineral can slow metabolism.
- Water – Even mildly dehydration, may slow down your metabolism rate. Drinking cold water will force your body to use more calories to warm it up.
- Chili peppers – Chili peppers contain capsaicin, a chemical compound that can raise metabolism into up.
- Coffee – The average metabolic rate of people who drank caffeinated coffee was 16 percent higher than that of those who drank decaf
- Green Tea – The brew contains a plant compound called EGCG, which promotes fat-burning
- Milk – consuming calcium may help your body metabolize fat more efficiently.
- Whole grains- Whole grains help your body burn more fat because they take extra effort to break down than processed grains, like white bread and pasta. Whole foods that are rich in fiber, like brown rice and oatmeal, are your best bets.Whole grains help your body burn more fat because they take extra effort to break down than processed grains, like white bread and pasta. Whole foods that are rich in fiber, like brown rice and oatmeal, are recommended.
Hit the gym
- By strength-training a couple of times a week, you’ll reverse up to 50% of the metabolism slow-down that comes with age.
- Interval training is the best way to shed weight , increase your metabolism, improve your cholesterol profile, and improve insulin sensitivity. At the gym, sign up for a HIIT class.
- Develop some muscle Resting metabolic rate is much higher in people with more muscle, because every pound of muscle uses about 6 calories a day just to sustain itself.
In conclusion Laugh a lot and try to keep in a stress free environment, Both seems to boost metabolism and benefit to General Health.