For centuries people have sought eternal youth. The great explorer Juan Ponce De believed he could find the Fountain of Youth in the jungles of Florida. For eight years in the 1500s, he sought the elusive water spring in the hopes of remaining forever young. Many believed his quest was spurred by the fact he married a woman 35 years his junior. No matter what his reason, his goal was quite common and has been repeated throughout the ages. Even today, men and women strive to turn by the hands of time through lotions, creams, and aesthetic procedures. Ultrasound therapy for wrinkles holds a great deal of promise at creating a younger appearance.
The Endless War Against Wrinkles
Everyone wants to look younger so that means you have to wage war against wrinkles. Many people have deep furrows etched into their browline from years of repetitive facial motions but others have only fine lines.
What are wrinkles (rhytids)?
Wrinkles, formally known as rhytids, are lines in the face that develop over time and grow significantly worse with age. They occur on the forehead, around the eyes, along the lip edges, and at the corners of the mouth.
What causes wrinkles?
You might wonder why some people appear to develop wrinkles at a younger age than others. Also, some elderly individuals have very few lines. Numerous factors lead to aging.
- Heredity: The way your skin ages has been linked to heredity in many cases.
- Gravity: Gravity takes its toll on the ligatures of your face.
- Menopause: Women undergo menopause which eliminates their production of estrogen as the body’s ovaries shut-down. However, without estrogen they stop producing sufficient healthy collagen. Post-menopausal women experience a 30 percent reduction in collagen development. Without the layer of collagen, your face experiences the loss of the fat like layer which causes wrinkling and sagging.
- UV Rays: The sun’s harmful UV radiation is known to lead not only to skin cancer but also premature aging.
- Nicotine: Smoking and chronic nicotine use are leading causes of aging. The ingestion of the harsh chemicals in cigarettes and vapes cause lines (especially around the mouth) to develop.
- Repetitive Facial Motions: Repeated facial motions such as laughing, smiling, crying, and frowning all lead to the development of often deep-set lines.
Basic home strategies that can prevent wrinkles
Yes, you are going to grow older, but you certainly do not have to age gracefully. You can stake steps to look younger and more vibrant.
- UV Protection: Wear a sunscreen that has at least an SPF of 15. Ideally, you should choose a broad-spectrum SPF 30 or more for optimum safety. Apply sunscreen every two hours for the best results, especially if you are swimming. Many products, such as moisturizers and foundation come with built-in sunscreen.
- Moisturize: Your skin cells start to shrivel when they dry out so keeping them moisturized helps to plump the cells which smooth fine lines.
- Eat a Healthy Diet: Make sure you are eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables to obtain all the necessary vitamins and minerals that your skin needs to flourish.
- Avoid Smoking: You should not smoke or use other nicotine products that can prematurely age your skin. The nicotine causes the blood vessels in your body to shrink, especially close to the skin’s surface.
Ultrasound for wrinkle reduction might sound like make-believe but it is becoming very mainstream. It works by focusing ultrasound energy right beneath the skin’s surface to stimulate the body into producing collagen by titillating the tendon fibroblasts' response in the skin’s layers. This is the body’s natural healing response that helps it repair injuries by building new connective tissue. The ultrasound actually spurs it to start cell division and proliferation of collagen cells are produced in response. The renewed collagen helps return plumpness to your skin which improves elasticity. Your skin starts to lift and tone for a younger appearance. Currently, many aesthetic professionals are offering ultrasound therapy for the neck, brow, face, and beneath the chin. It is non-surgical and can easily be performed entirely in a physician’s office. You do not have to worry about any overnight stay in the hospital.
Using ultrasound for wrinkles reduction
There is a lot of competition when it comes to ultrasound for face wrinkles. There are even devices that perform a home ultrasound for wrinkles therapy. However, Sofwave Medical’s technology is offering a great approach for wrinkle reduction using the Fractional Ultrasound. The process is simple and effective while producing noticeable results that most people find very satisfying. Sofwave Medical Ltd was founded in 2015 by a group of engineers, aesthetic professionals, and physicists. Their manufacturing headquarters is spearheaded out of Israel, but they also have offices in California.
Reducing facial wrinkles with advanced ultrasound skin therapy
You probably associate ultrasound with imaging, especially of an unborn baby. However, it can also be used to smooth skin and create a life-like effect. Ultrasound can reach 5 centimeters deep into the surface of the skin to quickly and effortlessly penetrate the second layer of muscle that lays beneath the facial muscles. Ultrasound devices penetrate even deeper than lasers to effectively stimulate the body’s production of collagen. After the age of 20, your collagen production starts to slowly deteriorate. The breakdown is even more rapid at menopause and middle age. The skin starts to feel drier, thinner, and far less taut. However, when the skin is stimulated by an ultrasound device it begins to create new collagen, so you look younger.
What to expect with ultrasound therapy?
One of the great things about ultrasound therapy is not only the results but the fact that you can return to normal activities the same day. You do not have to worry about missing work or being laid up. The effects do take time (from three to six months) following the procedure but most people are happy with the increased plumpness and smoother appearance of their skin. On rare occasions, you might even notice results sooner. Typically, you only need to undergo one ultrasound treatment. Many patients opt for only one treatment but others are so happy with the results that they go back for further therapy.
How is ultrasound therapy performed?
Your skin will be thoroughly cleansed, and an ultrasound gel applied. The aesthetic professional will place the handpiece against your skin’s surface. The device slowly starts to deliver ultrasound energy to pre-planned depths to stimulate the tissue. The ultrasound waves bypass the top layers of skin to reach the structural tissues and regenerate the collagen fibers. The procedure will last from 30 to 45 minutes. On rare occasions, some patients do experience slight discomfort from the sensations, but the pain is normally short-lived.
Ultrasound therapy side effects
Ultrasound therapy side effects are very rare because the therapy is always carried about by skilled aesthetic professionals. Most people suffer no adverse effects from ultrasound therapy but on rare occasions:
- Your skin might appear slightly red
- Mild to moderate swelling may occur and subside within days
- The skin may feel tender to the touch
- Tingling just beneath the skin’s surface
Sofwave ultrasound therapy vs Home devices
Yes, you can buy at-home ultrasound therapy devices, but they are usually subpar at best. Ideally, you should seek the assistance of an aesthetic professional. If you take the time to read ultrasound for wrinkle reviews about at-home devices, then you will see that they have a lot of problems. Typically, cheaper is not always better. Instead, seek a professional by looking for ultrasound therapy for wrinkles near me on Google and then explore who uses the Sofwave device. You will be amazed at how many aestheticians are offering ultrasound beam technology wrinkle removal.
If you are looking for a non-invasive cosmetic procedure to smooth out wrinkles and look younger, then you will want to learn more about ultrasound skin therapy. It has quickly become one of the most popular aesthetic options around the world because it is easy with no significant down-time. In addition, the results are natural-looking because your skin develops its own collagen for younger-looking plumpness and smoother skin.